So hey guys!
It's me Summer
and I thought I would teach you how to make your very own RAINBOW CUPCAKES at home!
It's a very yummy recipe that I did for my birthday cupcakes! (my b-day was July 6th!)
White Cake Mix
2 sticks of softened butter
3 Cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
2 Mixing bowls
4-6 small bowls (for mixing in food coloring)
Plenty of spoons
Hand mixer or stand mixer
Icing bag (optional)
Icing tips (optional)
Twist ties or small rubber band (optional)
How to make cupcakes:
1. Prepare cake mix as box says in one of the mixing bowls
2. Divide the batter evenly in the small bowls according to how many colors you used (I used 4)
3. Prepare cupcake pan by putting liners in (If they are white or very thin, use two)
4. Add food coloring to the different bowls until you get the colors you want
5. Evenly put different colors into the cupcake liners, alternating each color
5. Bake in the oven as directed
6. Cool as directed
Tip: Cool COMPLETELY before icing
How to make icing:
1. Put all ingredients into the mixing bowl
2. Start your hand mixer on low and mix it all together
3. Change to medium and mix
4. Stop mixing when it becomes a whipped creamy texture
5. Taste and if you don't like it, add a little more vanilla or a little more powdered sugar
Tip; Don't add too much powdered sugar or your icing will be powdery, don't add too much milk/ vanilla or it will be too runny
How to ice the cupcakes:
No icing bag: Slather the cupcakes with as much icing as you want :)
1. Get bag ready by cutting off 3/4 inch off
2. Drop whatever icing tip you want in the bag
3. Place it so that 1/2 inch of the tip is out (Cut off as much needed until this happens)
4. Get a tall glass or tall cup
5. Place bag in and roll top down the side of the glass/cup
6. Put icing in
7. Gather up the sides and twist. Then put the twist tie around it
8. Ice the cupcakes in whatever way you like!
Tip: Give yourself a little room when putting the twist tie on the bag, if you don't then the bag will burst!
So that's it for this post! I really hope that you all try this recipe because it was sooooooooooooooo good! It also surprised all of my family as well!
See you next time, Xoxo ~Summer
P.S: I will try and link some pictures of my cupcakes!!